This Soil Moisture Sensor is designed to fulfil the needs of precision irrigation, it is built on capacitive/FDR mechanism and its accuracy is very high.
This Soil Moisture sensor is available in multiple depth options such as 15 cm, 30 cm, 45 cm, 60 cm, 75 cm and 90 cm.
Soil moisture readings can be viewed and analyzed using the mobile application and this soil moisture sensor can also be integrated with single plot or multi plot motor controller for precision irrigation scheduling.
Following are some key features of Soil Moisture Sensor Features:
1. Voltage Supply - DC 5- 12 Volt +/- 0.5 Volt
2. It support 4 AA lithium batteries as power backup with Solar Charging on top
3. Current Consumption - max 105mA or minimum
4. Output Signal Voltage Level - 3.3Volt(via USB)
5. Temperature Range - (-40 degree to 85 degree C, Industrial)
6. Measurement mechanism – Capacitive/FDR type measurement
7. Measurement Range - 0.000pF to 1000uF
8. Data Logging Capability (local) - 16 GB(Can be extended to upto 32GB)
9. Data Logging Maximum Frequency - 4 MHz
10. Serial Data Output baudrate, by default @9600 bps(configurable upto 115200)
11. Data should be read throughout the electrodes
12. Rugged and robust design
13. It has inbuilt GSM/GPRS Engine with universal SIM support(Preferably BSNL)
14. It can send data to any IoT Cloud via its compatible POST api Web Service
15. Data should be compatible with most of the commercial grade Pump Motor Controllers via Serial/I2C/SPI/CAN/PWM Communication
16. Power Indication LED(3 mm)
17. Data Logging troubleshoot LED(3 mm)
18. Easy Firmware version upgrade via USB/Cloud
19. Should support on field/Cloud Calibration
20. Electrode Material - Glass Epoxy Cu plate or SS316 material
21. Electronics Enclosure Body – ABS/Polycarbonate Plastic
22. Sensor Electrode Dimension – comes in various length maximum up to 90 cm
Measuring soil moisture is important for agricultural applications to help farmers manage their irrigation systems more efficiently. Knowing the exact soil moisture conditions on their fields, not only are farmers able to generally use less water to grow a crop, they are also able to increase yields and the quality of the crop by improved management of soil moisture during critical plant growth stages. The soil moisture sensor is one kind of sensor used to measure volumetric content of water within the soil. In this we measure dielectric constant of a certain volume element around the sensor is obtained by measuring the operating frequency of an oscillating circuit. The sensor data can either be viewed on farmers mobile phone or linked to any smart pump controller.
· It measures soil moisture with FDR (Frequency Domain Reflectometry) technology.
· This Module determines the amount of soil moisture by measuring the frequency between two metallic probes that is inserted into the soil to be monitored.
· Sensors can be connected to a two-wire path and provide automatic or user-requested measurements so the controller can make smart irrigation decisions specific to the landscape the sensor is installed in.
Featuresof Soil moisture sensor
· Easyto use with Microcontrollers or with normal Digital/Analog IC
· Supportup to clock speed of 16MHz.
· Bootup time is less than 5sec.
· OperatingVoltage: 5V to 12V DC
· OperatingCurrent: <10mA for sensor
· Probesmade from SS316 which is corrosion free.
· High resolutionwhile moisture measuring method being implemented.
· Accuratelymeasures soil moisture using patented modified FDR technology.
· OLED graphicsdisplay for soil moisture readings.
· Soilmoisture readings are very close to the actual volumetric soil moisturecontent.
· Hastrue two-way communication using a 9-byte packet for commands and replies.
· Sensorcomes with different probe length of 30cm, 60cm and 90cm.
· 4G,3G, 2G universal SIM type support including BSNL.